The ideas in this journal are directed mainly to the student. Parents are encouraged to take a supervisory role, but maintain the idea that reading is fun. These students are not too old to be still read to! Students at this level should be able to fill out the comment section. They could ask their parents for feedback on their comment. Occasionally the parent still may like to write something to assist in communication between home and school. Teachers are encouraged to regularly collect these journals to monitor reading participation.
(Age 9‐11 years old)
Benefits of our diary
- Fantastic value and lasts all year. What else can you purchase for $4.25 that will last so long?
- Excellent reward system with awards and stickers that encourages children to want to read.
- Develops positive reading attitudes with students and parents.
- Encourages parents to be involved, by reading with their child.
- Gives parents reading strategies to support their child.
- Encourages positive communication between parent, child and teacher.
- Attractively presented – children take pride in using this book.
“Made a huge difference to my son’s attitude to reading and to
school in general.”
Browyn Foley – St Joseph’s Primary School
“Every day I do reading, but before I didn’t even read any books.
But now it is my new world …… My favourite topic now is reading!”
Sian (a student)