The ideas in the journal are directed towards the parent. Parents are encouraged to take an active role in making sure the recording pages of the journal are filled out.
Students love filling in the smiley faces, and may like to dictate a comment for the parent to write. Teachers are encouraged to regularly collect these journals to monitor reading participation at home.
(Age 4-7 years old)
Benefits of our booklet
- Fantastic value and lasts all year. What else can you purchase for $4,25 that will last so long?
- Excellent reward system with awards and stickers that encourages children to want to read.
- Develops positive reading attitudes with students and parents.
- Encourages parents to be involved, by reading with their child.
- Gives parents reading strategies to support their child.
- Encourages positive communication between parent, child and teacher.
- Attractively presented – children take pride in using this book.
Because my child is in Prep we are beginning the journey of discovery. First thing each day after school is a snack and reading. My son loves the comment section and feeling faces, let alone the countdown and sticker rewards. Thanks for making reading so much fun!
Box Hill North Primary School
“We have bought your reading booklets now for the 2 academic years
and have found them to be fantastic – they have transformed reading at
our school, engaging parents and motivating the children brilliantly!”
Rachel Williams – Literacy Co-ordinator
Catherine Wayte Primary School